Wednesday 26 November 2008

Too much Poe and too much poo

Mary Dunwich quoth:

Once upon a teatime dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over a creepy audiobook from Librivox's online store,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my patio door.
"Aargh!" I shouted, jumping sharply, "What the Hell's that? Tapping, tapping,
Tapping at my patio door!"

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a podgy dodo of the rancid days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, stood and pooed upon my floor.
"Damn!" I swore, "that will take scrubbing! Stoop I must to clean my floor,"
"Lest that stains it evermore."

I've really got to stop listening to all these horror audiobooks, I think they're starting to have an effect on me. Scooping Dodgson up in my arms, I stepped over the pile of dodo-poo and went to tuck him up in his coop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment