Saturday 16 January 2010

Charlie has musical motoring trouble

The further adventures of the Dunwich Family.

E-mail from Charlie to Mary:

Hello Dear!

I think that I need to get Harry to take a look at the CD player on the car, as it seems to be censoring the music I can listen to on the way to work.

It will only play Todd Rundgren’s “A Wizard, A True Star”, the first two Captain Beefheart albums (but nothing after his output became more challenging), and “Sir Henry at Rawlinson End”.

There must be a sensor built in to prevent steady rhythms, or anything working in 4/4, or anything sung by a woman.

As a result my driving is becoming prone to erratic jazz rhythms in 19/16 and 5/4 time which is getting a bit exciting on the icy roads between here and work.

Don't forget we need more bananas. Ben ate six for supper yesterday. I really don't know where he puts them all.

Love xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment