Wednesday 17 September 2008

We get an E-mail from a Scientist

Kuckucksuhr writes:

Dear Mary!

I was very excited to receive your interesting e-mail and I would be very happy to become your new Swiss penfriend! I hope that I can help you to improve your German - although it is already very good! You even know Swiss words! Although your writing is (I hope you don't mind that I say it!) a little old-fashioned. My friends don't call me "gnädige Frau Doktor Gödel", but Lieserl.

I am pleased that you are so interested in our work here at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Your knowledge of the Einstein field equations is most remarkable! Are you Mrs Dunwich or are you actually Doctor Dunwich? Because you write about our work as if you were a physicist yourself.

I am sending you many academic papers which have been published about the work that has been done here. The most are in German but I think you will have no trouble in reading them! We will record ourselves reading them and you can use them for your LingQ studies!

Our daughter Alice is twelve years old. She is learning English and would very much like to write to your little boy. Is he interested in science too?

I hope you can understand my terrible English!

Die besten Wünsche,

Lieserl.

No comments:

Post a Comment